Virgin Radio DJ and RunFestRun co-founder holding auction in aid of dementia charity
Virgin Radio DJ Chris Evans, who launched the popular RunFestRun off-road event, is holding a charity auction for TCS Amsterdam Marathon VIP packages.
To support Dementia Revolution, the trail running enthusiast will offer listeners of his show tomorrow morning the chance of a memorable trip to one of the world’s most famous 26.2-milers.
The package, which will be won by the top 50 bidders, includes a flight on a private chartered plane, three nights’ accommodation in the Dutch capital, a city tour and an invite to an exclusive party hosted by sponsor Mizuno. When it comes to race entry, runners will be able to choose from the marathon, or the half or 8km runs.
To place a bid, listeners need to call 0207-782 7777 during tomorrow’s Chris Evans Virgin Radio Breakfast Show, which airs from 6.30am-10am.
Evans ran this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon with Scott Mitchell, the husband of actress Barbara Windsor, who is an Alzheimer’s sufferer, in aid of Dementia Revolution.
Evans said on his show: “One and a half million people are affected by dementia in one way or another… This is for Dame Barbara and Scott (her husband). It is for Dementia Revolution, that is why we are going there, that is why we are running. We are going to auction off places on Thursday to come with us. The package is fantastic, the Frothy Coffee Man has really stepped up to the plate on this one. Real old school big charity package. Fly in style, we have hired a plane, we are going on our own plane. Why the heck not? How come we are doing this? Because we want big bids, we want to make it special.”
The package in full:
- Fly in style with private jet transfers on a with complimentary bar, snacks, tea & coffee
- Jet off from Farnborough to Amsterdam on Friday October 18 - Monday October 21 2019
- Ground transfers from airport to hotel included
- Enjoy three night’s bed and breakfast accommodation at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam
- Start the marathon shenanigans in style with a drinks party on Friday Night in the Sky Bar of the Westcord Fashion Hotel, hosted by Mizuno
- On Saturday 19th October 2019, take part in The Breakfast Run to celebrate Mizuno’s partnership with The Rijks Museum. A simple guided jog around Amsterdam to stretch those legs and take in some of the sights, including a tour of The Rijks Museum which houses Rembrandt’s most famous painting - ‘The Nightwatch’
- Entry into The TCS Amsterdam Marathon, the Mizuno Half Marathon or the TCS 8K, all including access to the Mizuno VIP area within the Olympic Stadium with refreshments pre, during and post-race on Sunday October 20 2019
- Kit bag, including race tees, team jacket, track pants, socks and Wave Rider 23 Trainers
- Celebrate your marathon glory at the Sunday night party.
Evans this year teamed up with fellow presenter Vassos Alexander, a keen trail runner, to stage the first RunFestRun, of which Trail Running were media partners.